IT System Administrator
About The Position
The IT Systems Administrator is part of the Information Technology (IT) and operations staff and serves as the network administrator for administrative and infrastructural technologies. Administrator also participates in systems planning, deployments, and management of infrastructure, network, server, hardware and applications. Administrator ensures high availability of network, email, and internet services and client/server applications.
- Help desk Provide telephone, email, and face-to-face support for all Center staff as required Ensure end-user satisfaction regarding IT performance and supportProvide end-to-end implementation of hardware, application, storage, and networking initiatives
- Establish and manage vendor relationships
- Configure, update, and maintain items that include, but are not limited to, network routers, wireless access points, switches, and firewalls for LAN/WLAN and Internet
- Create and maintain automated deployment solutions for operating system, office suites, and applications
- Maintain distributed file shares and associated hardware
- Create and enforce domain policy for workstations, servers, and network equipment to maintain a secure posture without compromising business productivity; conduct regular security audits and coordinate with external auditors
- Provide high-level support for all telecommunications equipment
- Provide high-level server administration and support. Maintain system availability and provide performance level metrics on critical business servers; plan and implement new servers, operating systems, applications, and upgrades
- Perform duties as assigned
- College degree in Information technology/Networking or Certifications in Information technology/networking – preferred.
- Minimum 3-year previous IT experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office365 Desktop, and server operating systems required.
- Hands on working knowledge of PCs and printers required.
- Hardware familiarity with PC, Laptops and server internal components as well as switchers, routers, and wireless access points required.
- Understanding of network protocols, infrastructure, and configurations required.
- Experience with server and workstation virtualization required.
- Scripting and/or programming experience – a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Veeam backup – Advantage
- Ability to work weekends, evening hours, or holidays as needed and assigned.
- High communication skills.
- Excellent people skills; a team player with a can-do approach.
- Technologically oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Fast learner, willing to work hard, curious by nature, initiator and problem solver.
- Fun to work with.