Senior Support Engineer
About The Position
Utimaco (Previously Celltick) is seeking a talented Senior Support Engineer, to be part of the India Support team responsible for 4 levels of support with a close on-site contact with the customer on all technical issues.
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, monitor and provide technical support to installed systems
- Responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 support including analysis and troubleshooting
- Provide solutions as per the SLA
- Multitask and handle project technical delivery and various support tasks based on priority
- Perform system maintenance and manage upgrade activities as required
- Performing regular system health-checks
- Prepare, Review, Analyse Change Requests
- Regular follow-up with customer
- Installing patches and Emergency corrections.
- Develop workarounds to limit customer downtime while a permanent solution can be developed
- Proactively analyze and report the health and status of the system to various internal departments
- Support during HW preparation, delivery and integration
- Lead the SW installation and configurations
- Execute the ATP
- Assist in launching the service
- Performing Hardware Audit
- Performing Risk Analysis, Time Management, Report Analysis, Change Request Management, System Upgrades, Critical Technical Issue Handling, New Feature Testing and Validation, Data Extraction/Analysis
- Providing guidelines and setting process in Security Audit
- Identification and escalation of critical SIM issues
- Providing guidelines and setting process in Overall BSC / Cell improvement and regular reconciliation
- Work with internal/external teams and manage/execute end-to-end technical delivery
- Prepare and maintain complete technical documentation of the systems
- Be available 24*7 on call to the customer and internal teams
- Willing and able to travel within India and abroad for short or long term periods
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent – CS, ECE, EEE, IT
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the Telecom field working for mobile operators or for Telecom vendors.
- At least 2 years of experience with Sun machines running Solaris /Unix based and platforms / Linux.
- Basic working commands knowledge on L1-L3 Routers/Switches.
- Knowledge about GSM standards, network flow, Telecom OSS and managing servers remotely using ILOM, IDRAC etc.
- Conceptual knowledge about the production HA platform i.e Varitas etc. will be advantage
- Must have SQL knowledge(preferred Postgre SQl, MySQL) and knowledge on RDBMS.
- Knowledge on X.25,CLNS, TCP/IP, XML and networking tools (Wireshark etc.).
- Basic knowledge on middleware i.e. jboss and working experience in managing java-based platforms.
- Scripting inksh, perl
- Working Knowledge of different SMSC protocols i.e SMPP, CIMD2 etc. and messaging flow end to end.
- CCNA or any relevant certification will be Add-On
- Conceptual knowledge on Operator’s RAN flow (2/3/4G) will be an advantage.
- Experience with VAS application platforms
- Veritas products (VxVm, Cluster and NetBackup) – advantage
- Knowledge in PostgreSQL database – advantage
- Hands on in mechanical/server installations – advantage
- BSCs network knowledge
- Multiple Operator handling experience (BSNL, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea)
- Knowledge in VMWARE - advantage
- Knowledge in Firewalls - advantage
- Knowledge in MPLS – advantage
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively and independently.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multi-tasking. Focus on the important issues.
- Perform high quality work, and do not compromise on quality.
- Ability to constantly balance between customer interests and company objectives, while ensuring high level satisfaction.
- Consistently keeping the internal/external customer updated and informed about the system performance or the known upcoming changes in the system/service.
- Be open minded, respect and show tolerance to others' opinions and criticism.
- Obtain the opinions and feedbacks within/across the team.
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent spoken and written English